Updated: October 11, 2021
A downloadable pdf. of these protocols is available at the bottom of the page.
- Participants must be vaccinated to attend non-worship indoor gatherings such as meetings, events, parish council, etc. For all gatherings of 50 or more people, proof of vaccination must be presented to the organizer. For smaller groups, use your best judgement. For example, for a weekly ten-person bible study held in the parish hall, simply remind participants that they are asked not to attend if they're not vaccinated. If you are hosting a group of 40 to discuss community matters, and some of those people are parishioners and some are neighbours or guests, please formally check vaccination cards.
- Participants should administer their own wellness check and stay home if feeling unwell.
- Respectful distancing must be maintained.
- Masks are strongly recommended to be worn at all indoor gatherings.
- Hand sanitizer and/or washing facilities will be available to participants, and upon entry, all participants must sanitize or wash their hands.
- Participants must cover coughs or sneezes, preferably by directing it into the elbow crease of their arm, even if they are wearing a mask.
- Touching between participants is NOT permitted.
- Following use of the room, a member of the group must sanitize high-touch surfaces, including doorknobs, light switches, tables, chair arms, countertops, etc.
- For washroom use, the group must maintain one person per use and must sanitize washroom after each use.
- Indoor social activities including but not limited to coffee hours, potlucks, congregational church dinners, tea or meals at bazaars etc. are not yet permitted.
- Small meals or food service at meetings for groups of no more than ten as per provincial guidelines (committees, bible studies, training programs, etc.) may proceed under the following conditions:
a) All attendees must be double vaccinated.
b) No one should attend who is experiencing symptoms of COVID or who have had possible exposure. Read more on this here.
c) Masks, sanitizing and social distancing for all in attendance.
d) Use tables for meals that are large enough to allow spacing of participants.
e) All participants should be informed of protocols ahead of time and all must agree and be comfortable with those protocols.
f) Participants should bring their own food. Potluck meals should not occur.
g) Masks should only be removed once people are seated.
h) A record of attendance should be kept.
At this time, large group activities such as Messy Church are not recommended. Sunday school and other small group activities for children may be offered under the following conditions:
- No one should attend who is experiencing symptoms of COVID or who have had possible exposure. Read more here.
- All church school leaders must be double vaccinated, and all must wear masks and practice distancing and hand sanitizing.
- To be consistent with provincial guidelines, children must wear masks and be encouraged to practice sanitizing and social distancing. These are the same hygiene practices as in schools. These guidelines should be comfortable and familiar for all school age children and should be adopted as the church standard. Read more here.
- If outside, masks are not required.
- A record of attendance should be kept.