June 30, 2021 update
In a letter dated June 30, to active clergy and parish wardens, Bishop Anna offered direction regarding the continued easing of provincial restrictions on gatherings, including public worship.
Of note is that the province no longer has an order restricting the size of worship gatherings either indoors or outdoors (effective July 1). However, they do continue to encourage mask-wearing while indoors, and outdoors continues to be the safest place for people to gather. For this reason, the diocese will follow the following worship guidelines until further notice:
- Continued availability and use of hand sanitizer and wipes
- Greeters only at distance
- Outdoor services when and where possible
- Distancing except with family groups or established bubbles
- Sharing of the peace through smiling and nodding
- Communion in one kind
- Hymns outdoors or when masked and distanced indoors. Singing must be approached with caution as it is a high-risk activity.
- Outdoor socialization without food or beverage and with distancing (no indoor socializing)
If you have questions about Phase 3 of reopening in the diocese please contact your parish incumbent or regional archdeacon.
NOTE: Current guidance will be updated in the documents found in the sidebar menu the week of July 4.