The Vision Fund was established, by a vote of Synod in the fall of 2015, through a portion of the reserves from disestablished parishes. Its purpose was to faithfully seed local, regional and diocesan-wide initiatives that give tangible expression to the directions of the diocesan vision, and thus strengthen us for God’s service here on these islands and inlets. Almost $600,000 was allocated to nearly 100 projects across the diocese.
The fund operated for four years (2016 through 2019), as a bridging mechanism pending a major diocesan fundraising initiative.
In particular, the fund was designed to support current and emerging ministries by:
- revitalizing and transforming existing spiritual communities
- encouraging and supporting new forms of spiritual community
- enabling innovative congregational development proposals
- strengthening parish life
- supporting youth and family ministries
- encouraging lay ministry and leadership formation
- engaging God’s world and promoting efforts at reconciliation
- sharing resources and providing training
- creating centres of excellence and innovation
Download a complete list of projects below.