In our baptismal liturgy in the Book of Alternative Serivces each candidate for baptism is asked six questions:
- Will you continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers?
- Will you persevere in resisting evil and, whenever you fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord?
- Will you proclaim by word and example the good news of God in Christ?
- Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbour as yourself?
- Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being?
- Will you strive to safeguard the integrity of God’s creation and respect, sustain, and renew the life of the earth?
Each of these questions is answered with " I will, with God’s help."
In each session of "I Will With God's Help", participants join two panelists who each reflect briefly on one of these questions.