Giving our Thanks and Praise was developed by General Synod Resources for Mission. The program is based on three actions: inspiring, inviting and thanking and has resources for each action. It is adaptable and scalable for use in any congregation. Designed as a five-week program, Giving our Thanks and Praise can be delivered as a shorter program as well.
The program includes the following five steps:
- Get started: Recruit leadership, set goals, and plan implementation
- Inspire: Resources to develop “Why I give” testimonies, resources to develop a narrative budget to share the story of your ministry, and worship and learning resources to anchor the program in sound theology in our Anglican tradition
- Invite: Step-by-step support for a face-to-face and peer-to-peer invitation to everyone in your community, and ideas for a leadership letter
- Thank: Ideas and encouragement for showing and modelling gratitude that is timely, personal, and sincere, and ways to develop a culture of gratitude in your parish
- Wrap up: Evaluation and preparation for next year’s program
In addition to a peer support program developed by the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada (visit anglican.ca/gtp for more information) our diocesan stewardship team is also available to support parishes as they implement Giving our Thanks and Praise at the local level.