Who is this training for?
- parish council members
- paid staff
- choir director
- envelope secretary
- children and youth workers
- pastoral visitors
- treasurer and all others who handle money
- volunteer staff including admin, grounds and janitorial
To register or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All participants must be registered. Registration closes two days before the workshop. If more than one person is attending from a parish, please register the entire group together (include full name, phone and email address).
Safe Church training is designed to:
- Ensure our parishes are places of safety and wholeness for those who come to us seeking the love of Christ.
- Ensure all of our volunteers and employees are aware of their own personal safety and are equipped to manage their own personal risk.
Topic specific training is also available including, but not limited to:
- Child sexual abuse
- Elder abuse
- Risk management
Volunteers and employees with current police/criminal record checks who have participated in Safe Church training follow the diocesan Safe Church policy. Re-certification and a new criminal record check are required every five years (beginning 2017). Those with pre-2017 training must re-certify after three years and will be subject to the five-year period going forward, e.g. if training last occurred in 2015, re-certification would take place in 2018 and then every five years after that.
There is 2-hour street parking available around the synod office. There are also limited spots available in the precinct parking lot (access off Vancouver St). These spots are unmarked (do not have signage or the words "reserved 24 hours" painted on th ground. Please do not park in any reserved spot.