Nominations may be submitted in writing, signed by any one member Synod and accompanied by a signed consent of the nominee. Nominations will be received in confidence by the executive, clerical and lay secretaries. Contact the synod office contact information.
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must:
- be of the full age of 30, and under the mandatory retirement age of 70
- be a priest in Holy Orders of the Anglican Church of Canada or of some church in full communion with it
- not be "deficient in learning, training or experience"
- not have secured office by improper means
- not have been guilty of "any crime or immorality"
- not have taught or held within the past five years anything contrary to the doctrine or discipline of the Anglican Church of Canada
To review the diocesan canons, constitution and regulations governing an episcopal election click here.