Each spring and fall, gatherings are held across the diocese in each of the five ecclesiastical regions. These regional meetings are an important opportunity for all members of the diocese, but particularly synod delegates to be informed about and have input into our shared work as Christ's body of Anglicans here on these islands and inlets.
- Election of lay Regional Executive lay members: As required, we will elect the Regional Lay Vice Chair and one other Regional Lay Executive member, to serve until the next annual Regional Gathering sometime in 2022. Eligible nominees should be members of at least one year's standing in a parish of the region and may be nominated any other of the same.
- Election of Youth Delegates to Diocesan Synod (x2): Each parish should already have selected an eligible nominee at their own annual general meeting.
- Selection of nominees for Regional Representatives to Diocesan Council (one clergy, one lay): Eligible nominees will be "members of Synod" (i.e., active clergy in the case of the clergy representative, or a duly appointed synod delegate for the lay representative).
- Proposed amendments to the Canons and Regulations: These are going to be presented at the Synod in May. The Chancellor will be present at the meeting to address these but will assume that attendees will have read the document itself beforehand.
- Check-In Time: An opportunity to hear briefly how things are going in each parish. To help facilitate this, we encourage one person (lay or clergy) to speak for each parish.
To join the meeting online please contact The Ven. Clara Plamondon for the Zoom link and passcode.
Aren't able to attend your region's meeting? Why not join your neighbours? Here are the dates for the other regions:
Tolmie – April 14 at 6:30pm
Nimpkish – April 17 at 1pm
Selkirk – April 21 at 6:30pm
Haro – April 24 at 9am