We urgently need your help!
Our Refugee Sponsorship Program is supported by over 500 volunteers and through it, we have sponsored over 250 people fleeing war and oppression to come to Canada since 2015. Our waiting list is over 100 and we don't have enough sponsoring groups to meet the growing demand.
Become a Refugee Sponorship Program Volunteer
We are currently seeking new volunteers to help meet the increasing demand for our newcomer support services. Opportunities for involvment are as varied as our volunteers, with flexible time commitments that will allow you to offer what you can, when you can.
Some skills/abilities we are currently seeking
- Drivers for appointments, errands and social outings
- Form and registration completion help
- Education and literacy support (English language, basic skills tutoring, Canadian cultural awareness)
- Friendship (extending hospitality, staying connected, forming relationships, invitations to events)
- Grocery shopping help (identifying foods, budgeting etc)
- Financial advice (budgets, banking)
- Job searching and connecting
In the News:
With the ongoing demand for assistance, the need for funds to support the resettlement of refugees continues. We are committed to helping resettle as many as possible, but we need your assistance. You can help us by following the link to our CanadaHelps page and making a monthly donation.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the thousands of donors who make our work possible.
We are proud recipients of a 2017 $25,000 Vital Signs Community Grant.