The Anglican Parish of St Mark in Qualicum Beach is seeking to hire a part-time director of music (10-hours per week).
The overall responsibility for the music ministry of the church includes directing an adult choir, providing keyboard support as needed in co-ordination with organist, planning hymns and service music with the clergy team, and providing musical materials, schedules, etc.
- Skilled keyboard musician, with a knowledge and appreciation of Anglican liturgy;
- strong innovative leader with significant organizational skills who can nurture musical talents and develop new musical initiatives;
- strong vocal skills, and ability to form, rehearse, and direct a volunteer choir;
- current Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check obtained from the Oceanside RCMP within the last 12 months;
- a Bachelor of Music degree is preferred, but not essential.
Applications will be received until Thursday, May 30th, in person to the office of St Mark (138 Hoylake Road West, Qualicum Beach), or by email to: [email protected]