- is a way of being church for families involving fun
- is found across the world
- values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration
Messy Church is a “Fresh Expression Church” involving interaction between family members, friends, parents, children, and grandparents. It is a new way to experience church.
Most Messy Churches are held once a month and they focus on a theme each month. Messy Churches are more informal than most Sunday morning services.
A typical Messy Church starts with a welcoming time to chat with friends, then an introduction of the theme and some singing of action songs associated with the theme. A considerable amount of information about the theme is presented through the creative crafts and then there is a Bible story with a discussion and/or an action play followed by a prayer related to the theme. Once the celebration is over, we join in fellowship for a lovely dinner.
- Messy Church is for all ages and everyone is welcome
- We are centered on Christ and his teachings
- We focus on Creativity with play and imagination
- We celebrate with a time to learn about God and putting purpose and meaning to our lives
- We are hospitable – All are welcome and there is a free dinner and friendship.
Check Out a Messy Church
3:30pm to 6pm. Contact the coordinators using the form below to find out more.
- Books: Messy Church, Messy Church 2, Messy Church 3 by Lucy Moore
- View the Archbishop of Cantebury address to Messy Church
- International conference highlights video (May 2016)
- Like the St Peter Anglican Church, Quamichan Messy Church Facebook page